The Dominica Citizenship by Investment program was first launched by the government of the Commonwealth of Dominica in 1993 and is now one of the most popular and world’s longest running economic citizenship schemes. Citizenship by investment Unit (CBIU) is the government authority that administers the program and deals with everything related to the application process.
Dominica offers the tranquil lifestyle within a safe and peaceful environment within a friendly community. It’s a tropical island and one of the most beautiful places in the world due to its natural beauty.
There are a lot of benefits for an individual to have a dual citizenship. Dominica offers a variety of new opportunities including:
- Residence status which includes also all working rights in order to live and work in Dominica
- Visa free travel to over 120 countries around the world including, Hong Kong, Singapore, Europe, United Kingdome and many more.
- Minimal taxation, including no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income or capital gains tax
- Dominica is a signatory of double taxation treaties with the USA and the CARICOM
- No restrictions of repatriation of profits and imported capital
- Corporate tax incentives full exemption from import duties, tax relief benefits and export allowance
- Duty free access to numerous markets within the Caribbean
A. Economic Diversification Fund
To qualify for Dominica citizenship through the citizenship by investment programme applicants must make a non-refundable contribution to the EDF.
The cost of the contribution depends on the number of dependents in the application.
- Single applicant: USD 100 000
- Spouse of the applicant: USD 50 000
- Sibling of the applicant or the spouse of the applicant aged 18-25: USD 50 000
- Any other dependant: USD 50 000
- Family of four including the main applicant, the spouse of the applicant and two other
dependants other than a dependant sibling: USD 175 000
B. Real Estate Investment option
To obtain the Dominican citizenship under the real estate option, you must purchase authorised property of at least USD 200 000 and you are obliged to keep this for at least 3 years from the date your citizenship is granted and only be able to re-sell it under the citizenship by investment program after 5 years.
When the application for citizenship is approved, the following government fees also apply:
- USD 25 000: for a single applicant
- USD 35 000: for a family up to 4 persons (main applicant and up to 3 dependants)
- USD 50 000: for a family of up to 6 persons (main applicant and up to 5 dependants)
- USD 70 000: for a family of 7 persons or more (main applicant and at least 6 dependants)
- USD 50 000: for a sibling of the main applicant or of the spouse of the main applicant aged 18-25
- USD 25 000: for a sibling of the main applicant or of the spouse of the main applicant under the age of 18
Apply for Dominica Citizenship
Please complete the form and an expert will get back to you within 24 hours.
We recommend that you always check your spam/junk folder for legitimate emails that have been sent there by mistake and add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your White List or Safe Sender List.