Company Formation Romania
Romania is a European country of more than 19 million people. The country has a GDP of more than $547 billion and a GDP per capita of $10,800. Romania is located at the intersection of Central, Eastern, and South Eastern Europe, and is widely known for its many cultural and heritage sites. The country borders the Black Sea, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Hungary, Serbia, and Moldova. Romania is ranked at position 52 in the ease of doing business index of the World Bank. Romanian is the predominant language in Romania.
Reasons to Start a Company in Romania
- A member of the European Union, which has more than 500 million potential customers.
- Romania has a big population, which is a good source of market.
- Romania has bilateral relations with hundreds of other countries.
- Romania has affordable workforce.
- The government of Romania has put in place multiple incentives to attract foreign companies.
Steps of Registering a Company in Romania
As with all companies, there are a number of steps that are required to register a company in Romania. Most of the work is done in Romanian language.
- Company registration forms – You should first download the company registration forms that are available here.
- Tax registration form – You should download the tax registration form here.
- Business name – Visit the company registration office or website to find whether your business name is available.
- Articles of association – Submit the articles of association to the trade registry office. Also, you should submit documents to show that you own or lease an office space.
- Get the ANAF certificate issued by the financial administration.
- Submit details of your minimum share capital deposit.
- Register for taxes, VAT, and yourself as an employer.
FAQs of Company Registration in Romania
What are the types of businesses you can register in Romania?
The types of businesses you can register in Romania are: European holding company, European company branch, sole proprietorship, private limited liability company, public limited liability company.
How long does it take to register a company in Romania?
It depends on the type of business. Simple businesses like sole proprietorship can take less than 5 hours to register. Meanwhile, companies like public limited liability companies can take a while to be registered.
Do I need to be physically present?
It is not mandatory for you to be present physically. You can use a registered proxy. However, you need to furnish the proxy with important details like your identity card and memorandum of association. At GFSC Global, we help people register companies in Europe and in offshore countries. We have a team of experienced professionals who can help you in corporate litigation, bank accounts, and audit and accounting services.
Apply for our Romania Company Formations Services
Please complete the form and an expert will get back to you within 24 hours.
We recommend that you always check your spam/junk folder for legitimate emails that have been sent there by mistake and add “email@example.com” to your White List or Safe Sender List.