Company Formation Malta
The Republic of Malta, commonly known as Malta, is a small European country that is located in the Mediterranean Sea. The country is located strategically at the intersection of Europe, Africa, and Asia. It is just 80 km from Italy, 280km from Tunisia, and less than 300km from Libya. Malta has a population of less than 500k people and a GDP of more than $12 billion. Malta joined the European Union in 2003 and is ranked at position 84 on the ease of doing business index. Malta is known as a tax haven and one of the best places for fintech countries.
Why Register a Business in Malta?
- Malta is strategically located close to three important continents.
- Malta has an excellent weather. It is usually sunny throughout the year.
- The government of Malta has made it incredibly easy to register a company in the country.
- Malta has excellent infrastructure.
- Malta is one of the safest countries in the world.
- While Malta has a small population, it is part of the EU, which has more than 500 million people.
Steps of Registering a Company in Malta
The process of registering a company in Malta is relatively easy. The government has simplified the process as a way of attracting foreign investments in the country. Here is the process of registering a company in Malta.
- Company name – Come up with a good and unique company name for your Maltese business.
- Select the type of business – There are several types of businesses you can register in Malta. Select one that suits your business. You can consult with an expert, who will help you decide on the most tax-efficient business.
- Memorandum of association – Draft the memorandum of association. A good lawyer or consultant can help you come up with these documents.
- Deposit the minimum share capital – You should deposit the funds to the business account. Not all types of businesses require the minimum share capital.
- Register the company with the Financial Services Authority. You will then get a Tax Identification Number, VAT number, and PE number.
FAQs for Company Registration in Malta
What is the corporate tax in Malta?
Malta has high corporate tax rate of 35%. This is the highest tax rate in the European Union. In addition to the corporate tax, there is also the VAT, which starts at 18% and drops to 5% on certain consumables.
How long does it take to register a company in Malta?
The process of registering a company in Malta is relatively easy. Simple business structures like sole proprietorship take less than two days to complete while complex entities can take a few months.
How hard is it getting a corporate bank account in Malta?
It can be a bit difficult to get a bank account in Malta if you are a foreigner. A qualified and experienced consultant can help you get a bank account.
What documents are needed to register a company in Malta?
The documents that you need are your national ID or passport, your European Union ID, and visa documents.
At GFSC Global, we have more than a decade of experience in the Maltese industry. We have helped countless number of companies be registered in the country. Our legal team has also helped companies get quality legal representation in Malta.
Apply for our Malta Company Formations Services
Please complete the form and an expert will get back to you within 24 hours.
We recommend that you always check your spam/junk folder for legitimate emails that have been sent there by mistake and add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your White List or Safe Sender List.