Estonia is a small European country that is known for its balanced budget, digital
citizenship, and its investments in technology. The country has less than 1.5 million
people and a GDP of more than $25 billion. It is ranked at number 16 on the ease of
doing business ranking by the World Bank.
Benefits of Registering a Company in Estonia
- -Digital citizenship – Estonia became the first company to offer digital citizenship in the world. This means that anyone from around the world can start a business in the country.
- European Union member – Estonia is a member of the European Union. This makes it possible for companies to do business in all EU member states.
- International memberships – Estonia is a member of OECD, OSCE, WTO, and Council of the Baltic Sea States. This makes it an ideal place to do business.
- Easy process of starting a business – The process of starting a business in
- Estonia is very easy. It takes less than a week to get started.
- Digital company – Everything in Austria is done online. This helps to reduce bureaucracy.
How to Register a Company in Estonia
Starting a company in Estonia is very easy. The country’s trade office recommends that people should use vetted companies to register the company. The process for
registering a company in Estonia is:
- Company name – Come up with a company name that is unique. You can do a company name search on the trade office website.
- Select a service provider – You should select a service provider such as GSCF Global.
- The provider will guide you throughout the process. You will need to pay the provider and other processing fees.
Types of Companies in Estonia
There are a number of types you can register in Estonia. These are:
- Private limited company (OU) – This company has a minimum share capital of EUR 2,500.
- Public limited company (AS) – Has a minimum share capital of EUR 25,000.
- Sole Proprietorship – This is the easiest type of business that is suitable for sole traders. You can do this easily using the EESTI program.
- Partnership – This can be a General Partnership (TU), Limited Partnership (UU) or Commercial Partnership
- Branch of foreign company
What is an Estonian E-Residence?
This is an innovative product that was started in 2014. The product enables anyone
to gain Estonian citizenship using the internet. One can start a company by having
FAQs for Registering a Company in Estonia
What is the corporate tax in Estonia?
The corporate tax rate in Estonia is 20%. This is lower than the 21% of the United
States. It is also lower than that of the other European Union member states.
Can I register a business in Estonia online?
The process of registering a company in Estonia is fully online.
What documents are needed to register a company in Estonia?
There are several documents that you need to register a company in Estonia. These
- Identification card or passport.
- Memorandum of Association
- Birth certificate
- Filled registration documents
Apply for our Estonia Company Formations Services
Please complete the form and an expert will get back to you within 24 hours.