Estonia is a small European country that is known for its balanced budget, digital
citizenship, and its investments in technology. The country has less than 1.5 million
people and a GDP of more than $25 billion. It is ranked at number 16 on the ease of
doing business ranking by the World Bank.
Benefits of Registering a Company in Estonia
- -Digital citizenship – Estonia became the first company to offer digital citizenship in the world. This means that anyone from around the world can start a business in the country.
- European Union member – Estonia is a member of the European Union. This makes it possible for companies to do business in all EU member states.
- International memberships – Estonia is a member of OECD, OSCE, WTO, and Council of the Baltic Sea States. This makes it an ideal place to do business.
- Easy process of starting a business – The process of starting a business in
- Estonia is very easy. It takes less than a week to get started.
- Digital company – Everything in Austria is done online. This helps to reduce bureaucracy.
How to Register a Company in Estonia
Starting a company in Estonia is very easy. The country’s trade office recommends that people should use vetted companies to register the company. The process for
registering a company in Estonia is:
- Company name – Come up with a company name that is unique. You can do a company name search on the trade office website.
- Select a service provider – You should select a service provider such as GSCF Global.
- The provider will guide you throughout the process. You will need to pay the provider and other processing fees.
Types of Companies in Estonia
There are a number of types you can register in Estonia. These are:
- Private limited company (OU) – This company has a minimum share capital of EUR 2,500.
- Public limited company (AS) – Has a minimum share capital of EUR 25,000.
- Sole Proprietorship – This is the easiest type of business that is suitable for sole traders. You can do this easily using the EESTI program.
- Partnership – This can be a General Partnership (TU), Limited Partnership (UU) or Commercial Partnership
- Branch of foreign company
What is an Estonian E-Residence?
This is an innovative product that was started in 2014. The product enables anyone
to gain Estonian citizenship using the internet. One can start a company by having
FAQs for Registering a Company in Estonia
What is the corporate tax in Estonia?
The corporate tax rate in Estonia is 20%. This is lower than the 21% of the United
States. It is also lower than that of the other European Union member states.
Can I register a business in Estonia online?
The process of registering a company in Estonia is fully online.
What documents are needed to register a company in Estonia?
There are several documents that you need to register a company in Estonia. These
- Identification card or passport.
- Memorandum of Association
- Birth certificate
- Filled registration documents
Apply for our Estonia Company Formations Services
Please complete the form and an expert will get back to you within 24 hours.
We recommend that you always check your spam/junk folder for legitimate emails that have been sent there by mistake and add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your White List or Safe Sender List.